Oracle Application Express (APEX)
This course provides students with product knowledge and skills needed to develop database driven web applications with Oracle Application Express (APEX).
At the end of the course, students will:
- understand the APEX architecture (instance - workspace - application);
- be able to use the 'SQL Workshop & Utilities' component of APEX;
- be able to develop data(base)-centric web applications - focusing on the development of new, full-functioning APEX applications;
- be able to build and use application components to be integrated in APEX applications;
- be able to build and use navigation components integrated in APEX - including the use of Shared Components in an APEX application;
- understand workspace management - manage workspace users and groups; import/export workspaces and applications.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
This course is intended for web application developers in an Oracle APEX context who want to build data(base) driven websites. Reference Oracle APEX versions: 18.1 and 19.1.
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge of relational databases and SQL (see SQL and relational databases fundamentals); some experience with PL/SQL (see PL/SQL database programming) might come in handy. For more advanced topics - typically beyond the scope of this text - it is recommended, that students have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (see HTML and CSS).
- Introducing APEX
- Architecture: instance - workspace - application
- Managing Workspaces - managing users
- Starting with Oracle APEX
- Building an Application
- Basics of APEX application development
- From scratch - (From Spreadsheet - Building WebSheets)
- Import and Export (Workspaces, Applications)
- About Pages and Regions:
- Pages: Page Definition, Page rendering and Page processing, Page manipulations, Page Zero
- Regions: Region Definition
- About Themes and Templates - and overruling settings and attributes
- Application components (I) - Creating Reports
- Creating reports from scratch
- Creating distinct report 'types' (classic, interactive, subtype and special reports)
- Report headers - report templates - break formatting - column formatting
- Navigation and Layout
- The APEX List Manager: Lists, List regions, Trees
- Application Navigation Interface
- Session management - State management
- Application components (II) - Creating Forms & Items
- Creating forms from scratch
- Creating distinct form 'types' (procedure, table, master detail, interactive grid, SQL based, ...)
- Editing form attributes - form specifics
- Shared components
- List of Values - Types of LOVs
- (substitution) variables
Class training alternated with exercises (60% of the allocated time is dedicated to exercises). Each student receives and individual APEX environment.
Kris Van Thillo.
4.2/5 (based on 37 evaluations; the most recent ones are shown below)
Precise what is needed to introduce APEX and give starting point for all that is needed to build complete application in APEX
||(Advait Patil, ING - Acanthus, )|
Zeker met al wat ervaring met APEX is dit een erg efficiënte manier om op weg te worden geholpen
||(N.N., ING - De Entree, )|
The course is well planned and paced. It is a good starting point for people working with APEX
||(Supratik Mitra, ING - De Entree, )|
The course was propely conducted and is very useful. I could get answers to most of my questions
||(Priyanka Priyanka, ING - Hullenbergweg, )|
Zeer goed. Ik heb geleerd wat ik wilde leren en ik kan nu aan de slag. Goede opbouw
||(Michaël Spronkers, ING - Hullenbergweg, )|
Goede cursus, veel opgestoken
||(Jan van der Laan, ING - De Entree, )|
De cursus was zeer logisch opgebouwd met veel aandacht voor de basisconcepten maar hier en daar ook aandacht voor tips and tricks.
Click here to see more comments...
Prima waarvoor bedoeld
||(N.N., ING - De Entree, )|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|