This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data by ABIS.
We use your data to provide and improve our services. By using our website (https://www.abis.be), you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of data collected
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal data that can be used to contact or identify you. More specifically, we collect information from you when you register as a MyAbis user, book a course, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, ZIP/postal code, city, country
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
We may also collect information how our website is accessed and used. This may include information such as your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & cookies data
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We use session cookies (i.e. cookies that disappear when you close your browser session) to:
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
We use permanent cookies to:
- Understand and save user's language choice for future visits.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use MyABIS, to fill out self-tests, or to enrol for courses.
Transfer of data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your country where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Europe and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including personal data, to countries outside Europe and process it there.
Disclosure of data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security of data
The security of your data is important to us.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, to provide the services on our behalf, or to assist us in providing our services.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Information regarding your data protection rights Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have a.o. the following data protection rights:
- The right to access and update the personal information we have on you. As a MyABIS user you can access and update this information via our website (https://www.abis.be/MyABIS/profile.html). Alternatively you can contact ABIS by phone or e-mail (see Contact information).
- The right to delete the personal information we have on you: on your request personal information will be anonimized if we have no legal obligation to keep it.
- The right to unsubscribe from newsletters and other information we occasionally send to our customers
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +32-16-245610