General terms of sale
- ABIS nv, trade name ABIS Training & Consulting (hereinafter to be referred to as: ABIS): a service provider that organizes and facilitates knowledge transfer by means of (IT) training - courses and consulting.
- Customer: the legal entity (company, organisation, person, ...) for whom services are organized and/or facilitated based on these conditions.
- Assignment: the agreement entered into by ABIS and the customer, including the documents and annexes relating to it.
- Assignment Confirmation: a document in which ABIS describes the services to be performed by ABIS, related to the assignment.
- Service: the services provided by ABIS, including education, training, courses, advice, consulting, coaching and execution of IT projects.
- When providing services at an ABIS location, ABIS is responsible for providing the required facilities.
- When providing services at a customer location, ABIS and customer will mutually agree on the availability, nature and condition of the facilities required on that location. If, during the execution of its services, it appears that not all the required facilities are available (in the conditions agreed upon), and therefore the quality of our services can no longer be guaranteed, ABIS reserves the right to suspend and or cancel its services.
- Liability - Limitation of Liability.
- Premature termination of the assignment.
- Cancellation by customer
These general terms and conditions are applicable to all offers, activities, quotations and agreements for the provision of services between ABIS and its customers, or their legal successors.
Liability for damages caused by or in connection with the execution of the assignment shall be limited to the amount reimbursed by ABIS's liability insurance in the relevant case.
ABIS is entitled to withdraw from an assignment, when due to circumstances beyond its control, a proper execution of that assignment is impeded. Should ABIS proceed with premature termination, it shall be entitled to compensation for costs already incurred, for damages yet to materialize, and for compensation for loss of turnover. ABIS is not responsible for any damages caused by this premature termination.
- Any cancellations or rescheduling by the customer must be communicated to ABIS in writing or by e-mail at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the concerned service. In case of cancellation or rescheduling less than 2 weeks before the start of the service, the full price will be invoiced.
- For registrations and orders placed between 2 weeks and 1 week before the planned start date, the customer can cancel or reschedule free of charge up to 1 day after registration. Cancellation or rescheduling at any other time will result in the invoicing of the full price of the service.
- Registrations and orders received less than 1 week before the planned start date can no longer be cancelled or rescheduled free of charge. The customer will always be billed the full price.
- Substitutions. Registered course participants can always be replaced by other persons free of charge, provided ABIS is informed in advance.
ABIS strives to ensure that all scheduled training (and other services) can go ahead as planned. If due to unforeseen circumstances, including insufficient number of participants, a course must be rescheduled (or cancelled), ABIS will not be liable for any compensation. The customer will be informed at the latest 1 week prior to the planned start date (of our service); at that time, ABIS will, to the extent possible, propose an alternative which the participants involved may or may not make use of.
Prices of our public courses are published on the website of ABIS; prices listed are exclusive of VAT.
In the Netherlands, ABIS is registered with the Central Register for Short Professional Education (CRKBO), which means that training courses can be offered free of VAT.
For corporate courses, tailor-made courses, consultancy services, ... a formal offer is always made; for extensive projects, volume discounts may be granted.
Models, techniques, instruments, drawings, diagrams and course materials, including digital files and software, which are used for the execution of the assignment, are and remain the property of ABIS (and/or its partners). Publication may therefore only take place after written permission from ABIS. It is forbidden to use these models, techniques, instruments, drawings, diagrams and course materials of ABIS in whole or in part, or to adapt them, without prior written permission from ABIS.
All materials used in a course (including software when relevant) are protected by copyright and may therefore not be reproduced in any form without the explicit permission of the authors - in this case ABIS and/or its partners. It is not permitted to hand over material wholly or partially to third parties or to use it or have it used for the provision of training in any form whatsoever.
After the start of the service an invoice will be sent, due within 15 days of the date of invoice.
For invoices for which the due date has passed, a conventional interest of 8% shall be charged from that due date, automatically and ipso jure; no notice of default will be required. In the event of non-payment on the due date, automatically and ipso jure, and without any notice of default being required, an amount of 10% of the invoice amount with a minimum of 50 EUR per invoice will be charged as compensation for the collection costs of the claim (such as personnel and administration costs, management follow-up, etc.).
If customer fails to pay, or otherwise defaults on one or more of his obligations, all reasonable costs incurred in obtaining the part not yet settled, both judicial and extrajudicial, shall be borne by the customer.
Suspension and cross-settlement of outstanding invoices by the customer is not possible. Complete and partial dissolution of the order by the customer is not possible.
Complaints must be made in writing (email, letter or by means of the course evaluation form) up to a maximum of 5 days after the end of the training or other service. Complaints will be handled in accordance with the procedures published on the ABIS website: www.abis.be/html/enKlachten.html.
The parties shall aim to resolve complaints and disputes amicably, based on open and transparent mutual consultation.
All contracts of ABIS are governed by the law of the registered office of ABIS which issued/will issue the invoice. In case of litigation, only the above mentioned courts will be considered competent.