TSO/E REXX advanced course
In this advanced course:
- participants learn to use the REXX utilities more efficiently by means of several techniques;
- the different TSO/E and non-TSO/E interfaces for use in REXX procedures are thoroughly examined;
- participants learn to adapt and broaden the REXX environment by means of function packages.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
System programmers, job schedulers, analysts.
- REXX techniques:
- Parameter transmission between REXX execs • subroutines and functions
- Use of the data stack and the buffer mechanism
- Use of stem variables (arrays)
- Error treatment and conditions (SIGNAL ON ERROR, HALT, FAILURE, ...)
- Interactive tracing
- TSO/E interfaces:
- ISPF dialog manager
- PDF edit macro's
- REXX in non-TSO/E address spaces (batch, MVS, ...)
- Interfaces to QMF • Db2 • CICS • IMS
- REXX built-in functions
- Definition and use of function packages
- SDSF REXX
Classroom instructions. About 40% of the time is spent on practical exercises.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|