During this course:
- participants learn the practical of the basic principles of the REXX procedural language in the TSO/E environment;
- they learn to use REXX as programming language and as supporting procedural language with the interaction with TSO and the manipulation of datasets;
- the REXX test and debugging facilities are explained;
- the built-in functions of REXX are treated practically.
This course is a good preparation for the course ISPF dialog manager.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
Programmers, analysts, system programmers, job schedulers, people responsible for support.
- REXX execution concepts in TSO/E:
Language processor environment • interfaces • stacking mechanism
- REXX statements:
Syntax, instructions • built-in functions • variables • expressions • arithmetic calculations • string treatment
- REXX execs:
Calling • writing • and debugging of REXX execs.
Logical flow (DO-groups, SELECT, ...) • subroutines • terminal communication • file treatment
- Data parsing
- Advanced topics:
Parameter transmission • interactive tracing • TSO/E external functions
Classroom instruction. About half the time is spent on practical exercises.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|