Mainframe case study
After having taken a series of basic mainframe courses, it will be necessary to put this knowledge into practice. Therefore, we offer the following case study.
In this case study, participants will learn:
- to analyse and develop a practical application system;
- to resolve problems independently;
- to apply time efficiently;
- to handle time pressures and time management;
- to present the case study.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Application developers who are willing to obtain practical experience in a mainframe environment.
In this integrated case study, the knowledge and experience obtained during the mainframe fast track is applied. The applied knowledge is:
- TSO and ISPF for the definition of programs, the creation of test elements, the set-up of data sets ...
- JCL and JES for the preparation of the programs and execution in the batch environment
- CICS (or IMS/TM) for the testing of the applications
- Db2 (or IMS/DB) as database
These courses are presumed as prerequisite.
In this course all aspects of on-line and batch programming for the design and the set-up of applications in a database environment will be thoroughly treated. An invoice system has to be adapted in order to insert new elements. These elements are restored in a database; finally they are applied to produce new invoices.
The participants work in small groups, coached by a professional. The different stages of the project are presented; they are independently treated by the participants. Professional support is offered.
an ABIS instructor.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|