During this course participants learn:
- to work on-line in an MVS/TSO environment and to explore the standard ISPF/PDF environment;
- to use the basic possibilities of the editor efficiently;
- the different terminal manipulations (commands, function keys,...);
- the basic utilities for manipulating data sets and members;
- the importance of batch jobs, and how to check the output.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
Every future ISPF/PDF user: programmers, analysts, job schedulers, system programmers and end users.
- Mainframe and MVS operating system
- Overview of ISPF:
logon and logoff, call up ISPF/PDF, screen types, menu structure, action bar, help function, ISPF data set names
- ISPF settings and PF keys
- Finding/locating data sets and members:
member selection, scrolling, find, locate
main commands: save, cancel, find, change, undo
line commands: copy, move, delete, repeat, insert
columns: indentation, bounds, cols
treatment of members: copy, move, create, replace, cut, paste
edit profile: caps, recovery
- Basic data set utilities
allocation, move/copy, library utilities, dataset list
- Batch jobs and use of the spool:
submit of Job Control Language (JCL), display of the spool with SDSF (Spool Display and Search Facility)
This is mainly a practical course. After a short theoretical introduction, a lot of time is spent on practical exercises.
The course is also organised as self-study course.
an ABIS instructor.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|