This course focuses on how to build applications using Scala, a general-purpose programming language that provides support for functional programming and a strong static type system.
During this training, the participants will gain insight into the unique features of Scala, while combining functional programming with objects and classes.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Application developers who wish to learn object oriented programming and functional programming in Scala 2.
Experience with an other programming language (e.g. Java or Python) is required.
- Introduction to Scala
- Basic Scala programming syntax: variables, loops, conditions
- Functional programming: principles
- Mutable and immutable objects
- Scala sequence objects (lists, arrays, ...) and collections(map, sets, ...); iterables
- Functions; anonymous functions; recursive functions; higher-order functions
- Classes, Objects, and Traits
- Packages and imports; using standard Java libraries
- OO programming in Scala: creating your own classes and objects; case classes
- Refactoring from imperative style to a functional programming style
- Pattern matching and regular expressions
Theoretical foundations with demonstrations. There is plenty of time provided for practical exercises.
Great course, brought back many fond memories from University while solving the exercises.
It was good, I managed to get the basics of the language.
The presentation is Ok: but not enough time to go through all the topics
Goede cursus. Duidelijke uitleg en op een handige volgorde.
Een leerzame cursus waar in korte tijd de basis voor scala uitgebreid wordt overgedragen. Ik heb in vier dagen ontzettend veel geleerd!
||(Iris Zwart, )|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|