LPIC-1 certification track (exam 102)
The LPIC-1 certification track is set up to help you on your way to Linux certification. LPIC certification is vendor neutral, provides a solid foundation of Linux fundamentals, and proves you have the LINUX skills required for cloud, big data, mobile and network roles.
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI's multi-level Linux Professional certification program. To pass LPIC-1, you should be able to:
- work at the Linux command line
- perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
- install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN, or a standalone PC to the Internet
An LPIC-1 certificate requires you to successfully take two exams; this track will guide you in your preparation for exam 102.
All potential users of Linux, whether end user, analyst, application developer, or administrator who want their Linux skills to be confirmed through certification.
General knowledge of computing principles is a minimum requirement. Although the two LPIC-1 exams can be taken in any sequence; the 102 exam builds upon techniques learnt during the 101 track. As for 101, also 102 builds up from scratch, but again the learning curve is steep and some Linux working experience is a benefit.
- The X Window System: configure X11, set up display managers, accessibility
- Administrative tasks: manage user and group accounts, scheduling, localization and internationalization
- Essential system services: maintain system time, NTP, system logging
- Shells and scripting
- SQL data management: relational database concepts, SQL queries
- Perform security administration tasks, setting limits on users, querying system services
- Set up host security: super-server, security with TCP_WRAPPERS
- Networking fundamentals: networking concepts, internet protocols, network addressing
- Network configuration: network interfaces, DHCP, standard Linux network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Securing data with encryption
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics)
For a detailed listing of the requirements for exam 102 you can check https://www.lpi.org/study-resources/lpic-1-102-exam-objectives/
The LPIC-1 track is set up in a "Blended learning" style; this results in a self-study approach that combines e-learning techniques, internet-based documentation sources and classroom sessions.
- Self-study/e-learning uses internet based e-learning modules, open source documentation projects, as well as books and course handouts made available by ABIS.
- Classroom sessions will be used for evaluating the built-up knowledge, discussion of more complex subjects, repetition and refinement of knowledge, as well as supplementary exercises and labs.
All parts/modules of the certification track are well aligned in form and content. The proceedings of the track are well defined and described. Instructors are available during classroom sessions as well as via e-mail for questions during self-study/e-learning. Assessment of the learned concepts will be done via exam style tests and homework.
Participants use their own PC - on which a virtual course environment is installed - for the entire blended learning track. This will allow them to use this course environment throughout any stage of this blended learning track.
For more information on the training approach used, please consult Blended learning.
8 days for classroom sessions with a typical elapsed time of 6 weeks.
Koen De Backer, Guido Indesteege, Peter Vanroose.
Cursus was prima; trainer was uitstekend
||(Rishu Jindal, )|
zeer goede cursus ter voorbereiding op het examen.
Inmiddels het examen ruim gehaald. Nogmaals dank voor jullie bijdrage hierin.
Was wel een pittig examen maar toch gehaald. Bedankt voor de ondersteuning!
Mooi om te zien, en blij dat we met ABIS weer een prima opleiding in huis gehaald hebben.
Enrollees for this training also took the following courses:
- Oracle database administrator certification track (OCA)
- Linux/UNIX shell programming
- Oracle fundamentals course
- XML fundamentals course
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|