JSF (JavaServer Faces)
As web-based applications grow in complexity, there is a need for a good application framework. Without such a framework, the maintenance of such an application becomes difficult, time-consuming and error-prone. In the last years, several frameworks have been created for web-based Java applications. JSF is a component-based view framework which has been included in the Java EE standard.
In this course the participant will get a good insight in the architecture and use of the JSF framework. He will be able to build the view layer of an enterprise application, but also be aware of the integration with other parts of the application.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
Internet/intranet/extranet application developers who wish to learn a Java based web framework with broad industry support.
A good knowledge of Java Programming is required (see course Java programming).
- Introduction: history, versions, setting up an application
- JSF Lifecycle
- Basic JSF programming: facelets, CDI, bean definition and configuration, bean scopes, Expression Language
- Forms and navigation: form tags, navigation, rendered attribute, handling view expiration
- Validation: JSF and Bean Validation Framework
- Custom converters and validators
- Event handling: action events, value change events, phase events, system events, AJAX support
- Facelets: templating and facelet tags
- Composite and custom components
- (Extra) Example of a JSF component library: PrimeFaces
Theoretical foundations with demonstrations. There is plenty of time provided for practical exercises.
Alles werd zeer duidelijk en vlot uitgelegd. Ruim voldoende tijd ook voor praktijk met goede begeleiding van de docente.
||(Gert Van Vaerenbergh, ASIST, )|
||(N.N., ASIST, )|
Ben tevreden over kennis en begeleiding van docente. Verhouding theorie en praktijk ook oke
||(Ad Bakker, )|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|