WebSphere Application Server V8.5 administration
This is the definitive course for all who will be providing administration in the WebSphere Application Server (WAS) environment. The installation, configuration and maintenance of WAS including the deployment of Java Enterprise and Web applications are all covered in this course. Additionally it provides attendees with a clear understanding of the WAS specific architecture.
The course is based on the Java EE platform and the WebSphere Application Server V7.0 Base, as well as the Network Deployment version. Core administration skills are taught, as such the course is also suitable for delegates maintaining older (V5, V6) product level configurations.
On successful completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- describe the set-up of the Java EE component model and how this model maps to the WAS infrastructure implementation;
- explain WAS architecture and topology choices and relate them to the appropriate configuration
- configure and maintain the WebSphere Application Server;
- detect the application flow and the interaction between Java EE application components and the server;
- describe security for server-side applications;
- explain how WAS can help with the evaluation and the follow-up of server availability and performance;
- use the WAS tools for the management, the configuration and the evaluation of enterprise applications.
- describe and implement the Job Manager in order to schedule the application servers
- describe and implement the Admin Agent in order to manage multiple base application servers
- understand how the Centralised Installation Manager is configured to simplify the application of maintenance in a Network Deployment environment
- explain both business level applications and data power applications
- explain the new application policy sets that can be installed to define the integrity and confidentiality of messages and transactions for Web Services
- describe the security features in WAS (e.g. Security Cache, Security Domains, Security Auditing, etc.)
- configure WebSphere messaging
- understand the use of the Intelligent Management Pack
- describe the Batch features available in WebSphere
- understand the use of the Liberty profile and its purpose
- install and configure the Liberty profile
|11 May||5||E||web based||2700 EUR (excl. VAT)|
|20 Jul||5||E||web based||2700 EUR (excl. VAT)|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|
Webmasters, application administrators and system administrators who are going to install, configure and maintain web oriented applications on a WebSphere Application Server runtime.
Also for those involved with products higher in the Java EE WebSphere software stack (Portal Server, Process Server, ESB Server, ...) where a good understanding and a working knowledge of the WAS runtime is key.
This course is also suitable for developers who want to test thoroughly for a WebSphere Application Server roll out. System architects and developer/deployers get to know the runtime context for the enterprise applications that they build.
Participants should be able to use a web browser, be able to manipulate a Webserver, be TCP/IP-aware and be able to execute the basic manipulations (e.g. use the command line, use scripts, adapt configuration files) on an Operating System (Windows and/or UNIX/Linux).
Participants should also have a basic knowledge of Java EE and its components (cf. course Java EE: the architecture explained). Some general knowledge of the "WebSphere family" products is an advantage.
- WAS V8.5 - Concepts
- Application Server and HTTP Server Installation with Installation Manager
- Managing a WebSphere Application Server Platform
- Network Deployment (ND)
- J2EE and OSGi Applications
- Liberty Profile Overview
- The Admin Agent
- The Job Manager
- Clustering, WLM, and High Availability
- Edge Side Components
- WebSphere Platform Messaging
- Server-side Performance
- WebSphere Batch
- Centralized Installation Manager
- Introducing Security into the WebSphere J2EE Environment
- Virtual Member Manager
- SSL, Digital Certificates & Encryption
Classroom instruction, lectures and exercises.
Koen De Backer, RSM.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|