Java EE: building web applications with servlets & JSPs
In this course, participants learn:
- different architectures for web applications;
- to develop web applications with Java;
- how to create the user interface and communicate with the server using servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP);
- how to prepare web applications for deployment and execution in the server environment.
Accessing databases using JDBC is discussed in the course JDBC.
Using Enterprise Java Beans is discussed in the follow-up course Java EE: building enterprise applications with EJB 3.x and JPA.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Application programmers who are going to develop web applications with Java.
A thorough knowledge (at least 3 months of practice) of Java (see courses Java concepts and Java programming) and familiarity with internet concepts is required. Some familiarity with HTML (see course HTML5) and understanding the concepts of XML (see course XML concepts) is an advantage.
- Architecture of web applications
- Client side programming of user interfaces:
- Java applets
- Server side programming:
- Java servlets
- HTTP protocol
- servlet API
- use of forms
- JavaServer Pages and JSP tags
- Structuring web applications
- session management
- integration with JavaBeans
- model • view • controller
- using and creating custom tags
- overview of the JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
- using and creating filter servlets
- Testing and debugging of web applications with an application server
- Deployment of web applications
Besides theoretical foundations, live demonstrations are given. There is also time provided to implement the theory in practical exercises. For the public courses, a Tomcat or IBM WebSphere Application Server is used for deploying and running the applications. Other application servers can be used for company courses.
Guido Indesteege, Sandy Schillebeeckx.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|