ISTQB Certified Tester - Advanced Level (CTAL): test automation engineer
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g. agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g. embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
|23 Apr||3||E||Vilvoorde||1745 EUR (excl. VAT)|
|25 Jun||3||E||Vilvoorde||1745 EUR (excl. VAT)|
|10 Dec||3||E||Vilvoorde||1745 EUR (excl. VAT)|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|
This training is meant for: Test Analysts, Developers, Integrators, Test Coordinators, Test Managers, and Test Consultants
Candidates must hold the ISTQB® CTFL certificate. See ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you are at least keen on learning this).
- Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
- Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
- The Generic Test Automation Architecture (gTAA)
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- Test Automation Solution (TAS) Development
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the system under test (SUT)
- Test Automation Reporting
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Implementing Automation within Regression Testing
- Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
- Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Continuous Improvement
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
Instructor-led classroom training. During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application! A voucher for an online exam (90 minutes) is included in the course fee. Participants should bring a laptop with (local) admin rights.
TTL.be (accredited ISTQB training provider).
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|