ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL): agile tester
Agile testing is a relatively new approach to software testing that follows the principles of agile software development as outlined in the Agile Manifesto.
A tester on an Agile project will work differently than one working on a traditional project. Testers must understand the values and principles that underpin Agile projects, and how testers are an integral part of a whole-team approach together with developers and business representatives.
There is a lot of confusion concerning agile testing – which means there's an educational opportunity as well. The Agile Extension will give the tester the knowledge to be part of agile testing teams and achieve high performance.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Collaborate in an Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles.
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities.
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities.
- Assist business stakeholders in defining user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
- Everyone new to the testing business
- Experienced testers who require a theoretical background
- Developers interested in testing.
- Project leaders/managers requiring more insight in testing
- Everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB Foundation examination in software testing
Candidates must hold the ISTQB® CTFL certificate. See ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
Programming knowledge is an advantage, but not a requirement.
The course is structured the same way as the ISTQB Agile Tester syllabus. This way the students are able to relate the topics covered in the course to the syllabus.
- Agile Development:
- Fundamentals of Agile;
- Aspects of Agile Approaches.
- Principles, Practices & Processes:
- Traditional vs. Agile;
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects;
- Role and Skills.
- Methods, Techniques & Tools:
- Quality Risk;
- Estimation; Techniques;
Instructor-led classroom training with practical labs. A voucher for an online exam (60 minutes) is included in the course fee.
TTL.be (accredited ISTQB training provider).
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|