Tableau advanced training
Analysing data is one thing, visualizing and communicating complex analyses and insights is a whole different story. Tableau is an innovative data visualisation software that lets you connects to nearly any data source, from spreadsheets to Hadoop. With its intuitive drag-and-drop design, Tableau brings data to life in a visually appealing and interactive way. Because of its versatility and its revolutionary approach, Tableau has been named a leader in Gartner's BI Magic Quadrant report for the fourth consecutive year.
This advanced course goes more in-depth with complex table calculations, the use of parameters and other integrations with for example R.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
Everyone who's working with data on a daily basis and wants to take their visualization skills to the next level.
Having followed the the Tableau basic training or having equivalent knowledge.
- Data sources (advanced)
- Data Blending
- Custom SQL
- Data source filtering with parameters
- Table Calculations explained (addressing & partitioning)
- Calculation fields
- Level of Detail calculations
- Level of Detail explained
- Building for performance / Troubleshooting
- Tips & tricks
- Advanced visualisations (Bar in bar, Custom shapes, Pareto, ..)
- Advanced table calculations (complex calculations, difference from avg, ..)
- Tableau inner workings
- Adding to context
- Building meta data via shared data source connections
- Custom calculated fields
- Logic and conditional calculations
- Conditional filters
- Calculate on results of table calculations
- Discrete aggregations
- Index to Ratios
- Statistics with Tableau & R
- Samples (Cohort, Basket, Churn, ...)
- Advanced Mapping
- Built-in demographics & layering
- Custom geographies
- Distance calculations
- Optimal distribution center location calculation with
- Tableau & R
- Background images on non-geographic data
Classroom instruction, focused on practical examples and supported by extensive exercises and individual practice.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|