SQL Server database administration for Db2 DBAs
This four-day course provides students with Db2 for LUW DBA knowledge and skills all expertise required to be able to setup and manage a Microsoft SQL Server system. This interactive course provides a quick start for the Db2 for LUW DBA to map, compare, and contrast the features of the Db2 for LUW database management system to those offered by SQL Server.
At the end of this course, students:
- will be able to compare the Db2 for LUW and the SQL Server architecture;
- will understand the major differences between both RDBMS implementations;
- will extend their existing competencies as Db2 for LUW DBAs to SQL Server - they will be able to manage the SQL Server system, databases, and users, manage database files by backing up or migrating to other systems; define and implement monitoring and tuning solutions for the SQL Server system.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
This course is intended for experienced Db2 for LUW database administrators (DBAs) who work in a multi-vendor database environment, requiring the skills to begin supporting and maintaining a SQL Server database.
Before attending this course, participants shoud have thorough Db2 for LUW experience (see course Db2 for LUW DBA - Core competences) and be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating system on which the database will run.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server overview - instance and database architecture - data dictionary - memory and process architecture
- Creating Databases
- database architecture - storage options (files and filegroups) - schema objects - database options
- Backup and restore
- logins and users - permissions - encryption
- indexing - read consistency (locking, blocking, and isolation levels) - monitoring - tools
- database tuning
- Import and export
- Bcp - bulk insert - import/export wizard - introduction in Integration Services
- Automating SQL Server
- maintenance plans - SQL Server Agent - jobs, alerts, operators
- log shipping - mirroring - clustering - (intro in) replication
Class training alternated with focus on exercises. Participant interaction and intervention is actively encouraged.
Peter ter Braake (TrainSQL).
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|