Linux TCP/IP services and applications
This course learns you to build and configure various popular Linux TCP/IP Services and set up a lot of common applications. Including the setup of DHCP, Mail server, NNTP, DNS, dynamic and static routing, NFS, OpenLDAP, NTP and NIS...
This course prepares for LPI Certification Level 2 - Exam 201.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Linux system administrators.
Experience with a Linux system as a system administrator. Having followed the Linux system administration course. Fluent experience with an editor, the permission system and troubleshooting.
- Insight in the TCP/IP protocol, adressing, broadcasting and multicasting
- Understanding DHCP and configuring ISC DHCPD
- Using static and dynamic routes to connect TCP/IP networks between each other.
- Implementation and configuration of DNS server
- Concepts and implementation of NFS
- Implementation and configuration of LDAP
- NTP server and concepts
- NIS concepts
- Mail Server implementation
- Setup of OpenLDAP-based security
- Troubleshooting of network problems
Classroom instruction with exercises.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|