PRINCE2® v2009 Practitioner (with exam)
This Practitioner course is an APM Group Ltd (APMG) Accredited Course that covers the elements contained in the APMG Syllabus for the PRINCE2(®*) (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) Practitioner Course.
On completion of the course the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the structure and contents of PRINCE2 Practitioner examination paper.
- Explain the Glossary of PRINCE2 Practitioner examination questions types.
- Apply understanding of PRINCE2 and project management to answer PRINCE2 practitioner examination questions.
(*) PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of OGC (Office of Government and Commerce) in the United Kingdom and other countries.
The Practitioner course is aimed at individuals who have successfully completed their PRINCE2 Foundation examination and now need to review in detail PRINCE2 processes, components and techniques.
You have a minimum of 4 years' work experience, of which 2 years have been as project leader. During these 2 years, you have gained wide experience of leading a project. You have knowledge of working in a project-oriented way and have ready knowledge of PRINCE2 at Foundation level; the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate is required to follow this course (cf. course PRINCE2® v2009 Foundation (with exam)).
- Contents and structure of a PRINCE2 Practitioner examination paper including:
- Contents of Practitioner Paper including Scenario, Question and Answer Booklets
- Glossary of examination question types
- General advice on answering examination questions
- Analysis of a Case Study to provide delegates with the opportunity to put some of the theory obtained during the classroom sessions into practice by using a reproduction of a real-life project, albeit limited by practicality constraints. It is divided into the following areas:
- Business Case
- Project Management Team Structure
- Management of Risk
- Product Breakdown Structure
- Product Flow Diagram
- Product Description
- Work Package
- Change and Configuration Management
- Project Closure
Case Study exercises have been styled in a similar manner to the Practitioner Examination question style, with roughly the same amount of information provided.
- Two Techniques
- Product Based Planning
- Quality Review
- Sample Practitioner Examination questions
Class teaching. Extensive use is made of scenario-based project assignments. The delegates are expected to apply their project management experience and knowledge of PRINCE2 to a given scenario. The course will use a mix of tutorial, group work and self-study to enhance the individual learning including the use of sample examination papers to familiarise participants with the Practitioner examination. The examination at the end is two and a half hours in duration
SMME (accredited training company).
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|