Python fundamentals - mentored workshop
This labs-only mentored workshop offers participants the possibility to put recently acquired often conceptual Python programming knowledge into practice. Specifically tailored and integrated labs enable participants to extend their theoretical knowledge using this 'hands-on' lab approach. Mentored by ABIS specialists, participants are assisted in creating an individual learning experience.
Momenteel zijn er voor deze cursus geen publieke sessies gepland. Graag organiseren we een bedrijfssessie voor u of een extra publieke sessie (bij voldoende belangstelling). Geïnteresseerd? Gelieve dan ABIS te contacteren.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to use Python for scripting, building (web) applications, developing games, communication with databases, testing, building GUIs, data analysis, etc. The mentored workshop allows candidates to gain hands-on experience on top of the theoretical background the already gathered.
General, theoretical/conceptual knowledge of Python programming is required; the theoretical fundaments required to fully appreciate the Labs-Only workshop are not discussed in this workshop. Participants are assumed to have acquired this knowledge using alternate source available, for example:
- Selftraining using standard ABIS course materials
- Selftraining using e.g. available commercial publication, internet content, ...
- Training using formal third party sources, eg. PluralSight, Udemy, Skillsoft, ...
ABIS technical consultants are available for offering advice as to what sources to consult prior to attending this labs-only Mentored Workshop.
Typical workshop content:
- Hands-on experience with built-in Python object types and their methods
- Numerical types
- Working with strings
- Collections: lists, dictionaries, tuples, sets
- Working with files
- Using Python statements
- Selection: if / elif / else
- Iteration: while, for, comprehensions
- Functions: concepts, scope, arguments, lambdas, generators
- Modules and Packages
- Structuring a more complex program
- The import mechanism
- Using the Python Standard Library
- Installing and using third party packages
- Python & OO: working with classes and methods (basics)
- Building a program based on self-defined classes
- Exception handling
- Using exceptions to deal with unexpected situations
First step: a kick-off test or interview evaluates the already acquired knowledge; based on the test results, an individually tailored training program is suggested.
The actual training program is implemented in individual format - online - an instructor is offline available. Participants are closely mentored with required contact moments scheduled.
At the end of the workshop, the ABIS instructor will suggest follow-up knowledge gathering activities.
Participants have a private (virtual) Python lab environment at their disposal, made available by ABIS.
Our environment is available for 4 weeks (elapsed) - approximately 3 days will be required to complete this workshop.
|SESSIE-INFO EN INSCHRIJVEN|