iSQI Certified Agile Tester® Foundation (CAT® Foundation)
Far different from the traditional methodologies an Agile methodology is flexible and adaptive with frequent feedback loops. Likewise, Agile testing is different and therefore the "Certified Agile Tester®" course is different: it focuses on the most important element in agile projects: You.
During the five day training, you acquire all the skills required to test agile successfully. While theory about the Agile Manifesto, frameworks, processes and methods are essential to understand agility, the "Certified Agile Tester®" takes you one step further. The key to success in agile projects relies heavily on individuals able to collaborate and self-manage. When strict guidelines and hierarchies are exchanged for a dynamic, communication-rich environment, a common language is vital.
This is why the "Certified Agile Tester®" provides you with all skills and competencies required to run agile projects efficiently. Focussing heavily on practical exercises and a hands-on approach the "Certified Agile Tester®" will provide you with the requisite know-how to succeed in any agile project.
By attending this course you will gain an understanding of the testing role within an agile project and be able to effectively apply practical agile test skills.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the principles behind the agile approach to software development;
- differentiate between the testing role in agile projects and the role of testers in non-agile projects;
- positively contribute as an agile team member focused on testing;
- appreciate the challenges and difficulties associated with the non-testing activities performed in an agile team;
- demonstrate a range of soft skills required by agile team members.
Completing this course, will provide the necessary information to sit the CAT® assessments and exam that will be held on the fifth and final day.
Momenteel zijn er voor deze cursus geen publieke sessies gepland. Graag organiseren we een bedrijfssessie voor u of een extra publieke sessie (bij voldoende belangstelling). Geïnteresseerd? Gelieve dan ABIS te contacteren.
Software Testers in agile projects.
If you are interested in CAT® you should be familiar with the following topics:
- Test Design – Equivalence Partitioning / Boundary Value Analysis / State Transition / Decision tables / Exploratory Testing
- Basic Test Terminology
- Understand the difference between functional and non-functional testing including the basic concepts of Performance and Usability testing
- Performing all the activities associated with the fundamental test process
We recommend that you follow the Structured software testing: ISTQB Foundation level course in order to prepare for CAT®.
- Agile methods and process:
Daily SCRUM, Problems with traditional, Agile Manifesto, Agile methods, Agile Process options, Roles and Exercises
- Planning in an Agile process:
Requirements & specifications, Iteration 0, Release Planning, Task Board, Test strategy, Estimation, Iteration planning, Burndown charts and Exercises
- Testing in an Agile process:
Continuous integration, Version management, Pairing, Acceptance criteria, Regression Testing, Defect management and Exercises
Test automation, Non functional testing, Debt technical & testing, TDD, Teams, Agile for large projects and Exercises
The course is heavily focussed on practical exercises. The fifth day of the course is entirely dedicated to the paper-based exam containing 3 phases:
- A soft skill assessment on capacity for teamwork (during the 4 training days)
- A practical section where the examinee's testing skills are put to the test (120 minutes)
- An open question exam to demonstrate profound theoretical knowledge (150 minutes).
Price for the exam is included in the total price of the training.
the test leaders (accredited ISTQB training provider).
|SESSIE-INFO EN INSCHRIJVEN|