SQL Server database administration for Oracle DBAs
This four-day course provides students with Oracle DBA knowledge and skills all expertise required to be able to setup and manage a Microsoft SQL Server system. This interactive course provides a quick start for the Oracle DBA to map, compare, and contrast the properties and features of an Oracle database system to those of a SQL Server database system.
At the end of this course, students:
- will be able to compare the Oracle and SQL Server architecture;
- will understand the major differences between both RDBMS implementations;
- will extend their existing competencies as Oracle DBAs to SQL Server - they will be able to manage the SQL Server system, databases, and users, manage database files by backing up or migrating to other systems; define and implement monitoring and tuning solutions for the SQL Server system.
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Veuillez contacter ABIS.
This course is intended for experienced Oracle database administrators (DBAs) who work in a multi-vendor database environment, requiring the skills to begin supporting and maintaining a SQL Server database.
Before attending this course, participants should have thorough Oracle DBA experience (see course Oracle DBA 1 - Core competences), and be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating system on which the database will run.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server Overview - Instance and Database architecture - Data Dictionary - Memory and Process architecture
- Creating Databases
- Database Architecture - Storage options (Files and Filegroups) - Schema objects - Database options
- Backup and Restore
- Logins en users - Permissions - Encryption
- Indexing - Read consistency (locking, blocking en isolation levels) - Monitoring - Tools
- Database tuning
- Import and Export
- Bcp - Bulk Insert - Import/export wizard - Introduction in Integration Services
- Automating SQL Server
- Maintenance plans - SQL Server Agent - Jobs, Alerts, Operators
- Log shipping - Mirroring - Clustering - (Intro in) Replication
Class training alternated with focus on exercises. Participant interaction and intervention is actively encouraged.
Peter ter Braake (TrainSQL).
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|