Selenium for Python developers
As an integral part of agile methodology and practices, test automation became hot and unavoidable. This course will give you an excellent introduction into the world of test automation.
In a first stage the course establishes the basis by using the popular Selenium Webdriver to run Python tests using selenium. Different element recognition and verification methods are explored and explained. You will be able to practice your automation capabilities and each of the methods in a prepared test environment.
In a second stage you will take the scripting to the next level by using Behave to run Gherkin scripts, a keyword driven language.
Agile automation testers living automation daily have compiled this training to share their experience with users like you to get you kick started and avoid you make the same mistakes.
At the end of this course, the participant will:
- have insight how a state-of-the art website is built
- have practical experience setting up Python tests supported by Behave
- be able to create & implement BDD scenarios
- know how to initiate Python tests trough Behave
- be able to interact with a web app through Selenium Webdriver
- know how to use different selectors to find and validate different web page elements
- Testers with a basic knowledge in object-oriented programming wanting to know more on test automation with Selenium, Python and Behave.
- Technical persons having a first experience and wanting to know more on automation with Selenium, Python and Behave.
- Basic website (HTML, CSS, DOM) knowledge. See HTML5
- Basic programming knowledge (programming structures, object oriented programming). See Programming fundamentals and OO concepts and techniques
- Python programming knowledge. See Python fundamentals
- Basic SQL and database knowledge. See SQL and relational databases fundamentals
- Basic test terminology knowledge. See ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Basic software lifecycle knowledge
- Automation Basics
- Training environment
- GUI element selection + exercise
- Parameter Input + exercise
- Data driven testing + exercise
- Keyword driven testing + exercise
- Test execution report
- Connecting to a database + exercise
During the course we are not only focusing purely on technical implementation but also on common and best practices on how to set-up your test harness, how to use and reset test data and how to implement teardown. Various exercises based on real-life examples will help you better understand the concepts and bring them into practice.
Students should bring a laptop with local admin rights.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|