API for testers using Wget, SOAP UI & REST Assured
In our current interconnected world systems are no longer monolithic. Modern service oriented application (SOA) architecture requires connection of pre-built sub-systems through microservices as part of solution building.
As such a modern tester needs basic and automated application programming interface (API) testing knowledge and practice as part of his testing toolset.
After establishing the theoretical API basics, the course will immediately become hands-on to learn how to interact with API's through Wget. Using the GUI of the popular and widely used SOAPUI application you will learn how to build and execute test scripts.
On the second course day you will take test scripting to a more tool independent level by using JAVA in a REST Assured framework. The use of the widely spread JAVA programming language will give you full control over your tests.
At the end of this course, the participant will:
- have insight into how modern API's are built
- have a good understanding of HTTP protocol
- be able to access API's using Wget
- know how to create test scripts using SOAPUI
- have practical experience setting up a framework based on Rest-assured
- be able to write, execute scripts and verify results in a database with Rest-assured
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
- Testers with a basic knowledge in object-oriented programming.
- Technical persons having a first experience and wanting to start testing API's
- Basic programming knowledge (programming structures, object oriented programming). See Programming fundamentals and OO concepts and techniques. Knowledge of Java is a plus. See Java programming
- Basic SQL and database knowledge. See SQL and relational databases fundamentals
- Basic test terminology knowledge. See ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Basic software lifecycle knowledge
- API Basics
- HTTP methods Basics + exercises
- SOAP UI Basics + exercises
- Rest-assured framework + exercises
- Request creation
- Scripts using requests
- Result verification in database
Instructor-led classroom training with practical labs. During the course we are not only focusing purely on technical implementation but also on common and best practices on how to set-up your API test framework.
Various exercises based on real-life examples will help you better understand the concepts and bring them into practice. Students should bring a laptop with local admin rights.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|