VMware vSphere 5.5 to 6.7: what's new
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 6.7 and VMware ESXi™ 6.7. This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6.7 into their existing vSphere environment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List and describe the importance of key features and enhancements in vSphere 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware Host Client™, and the VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ shell to view and configure the vSphere environment
- Migrate a Windows vCenter Server system to vCenter Server Appliance 6.7
- Determine the proper upgrade path for a vCenter Server instance, and upgrade vCenter Server to version 6.7
- Use the appropriate method to upgrade an ESXi host
- Create a multisite content library for synchronizing virtual machine templates, vApps, ISO images, and scripts across vCenter Server instances
- Deploy virtual machines from a content library
- Increase ESXi security by enabling lockdown mode on an ESXi host
- Upgrade virtual machines to the latest virtual hardware and VMware Tools™ version
- Configure NFS- and iSCSI-backed virtual volumes to provide a common storage platform, independent of the underlying storage hardware
- Create storage policies, and use them with virtual machines and virtual volume datastores
- Register a key management server with vCenter Server, and create an encrypted virtual machine
- Create a distributed switch, and use VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control to allocate bandwidth for a virtual machine
- Activate VMware vCenter Server® High Availability
This course is part of the following certification: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Veuillez contacter ABIS.
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures.
This course requires completion of VMware vSphere: install, configure, manage or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESX®/ESXi and vCenter Server:
Esperience with working at the command line is helpful.
- Course Introduction
- Management Enhancements
- vCenter Architecture Upgrade and Migration
- ESXI Upgrade and Enhancements
- Virtual Machine Enhancements
- Storage Enhancements
- Security Enhancements
- Network Enhancements
- Availability Enhancements
Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures.
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|