ITIL Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
The ITIL intermediate qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL intermediate capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL certificate in Release, Control and Validation is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the service management lifecycle.
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- The importance of Service Management as a practice concept and service transition principals, purpose and objective
- The importance of ITIL Release, Control and Validation while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL Release, Control and Validation interact with other service lifecycle processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes
- How to use the ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated to ITIL Release, Control and Validation
(*) ITIL® is a registered trademark of OGC (Office of Government and Commerce).
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Veuillez contacter ABIS.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL certificate in Release, Control and Validation processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfillment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities. This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Release, Control and Validation management in their own business environment
- Have some experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following service management processes: Change management - Release management - Configuration management - Service evaluation and quality assurance - Knowledge management - Service validation and testing.
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification, and in particular the Service Transition and Service Operation books.
- Service Management as a practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Release, Control and Validation management
- Change management as a capability to realise successful service transition
- Service validation and testing as a capability to assure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Service asset and configuration management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition
- Knowledge management as part of enhancing the on-going management decision support and service delivery capability
- Service request fulfilment and evaluation to assure meeting committed service level performance
- Release Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks and specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas : Change management - Service release and deployment management - Service validation and testing - Service asset and configuration management - Knowledge management - Request fulfilment - Service Evaluation
This intensive, interactive course consists of formal lecturing, discussions, exercises and test examination questions. The EXIN exam (included in the course fee) is organized the last day of the course (multiple choice, scenario-based examination).
SMME (accredited training company).
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|